"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." John Buchan

Friday, May 6, 2011

Test Driving...

So not being a fan of what is in fashion or liking the idea of doing things just because others are doing them I find myself avoiding Facebook and other "trendy" social networks and the like...  Now before I'm called a hypocrite for setting up a "blog" (a word that has irked me to no end since it was first being used) I figure I can poorly justify it for a few reasons:

-First, is that blogs have lost their new car smell and are not the current hot topic.

-Second, that blogs do not necessarily subject oneself to "social networking".

-Third, well I feel the need and want to log somewhere my angling adventures.  I gave a try at maintaining a log of fishing reports in my ~/public_html/ folder but found that I'm no longer that interested in hand writing html and I'm out of touch with good form and practices anyway...  Not to mention the desire to include a picture log from the trips too.

-Fourth, I've formed the opinion that simply posting my reports to the various fishing forums that I frequent online is a poor choice to use as an archive for some obvious reasons.  Some do not last and previous posts are lost.  Some prove to have to much of a less then desirable element within their communities to want to call anyone a home.  I still will post reports to forums, but I will not use them as the primary source.

So being a confessed Google fan I figure I'll give their tools a test drive and see how using this as a means of logging fishing trips goes. Anyway, to kick things off I'll post a few pictures from the fishing trip I took with Scott and Jason on the 28th of April, the one day that week that had good weather between storms...  We only caught 2 fish that day, but fun was had and that's what matters...



No comments:

Post a Comment